Recently, I found myself in Cancun with only one day to spare. I wanted to venture off the resort and make the most of my time. I decided Isla Mujeres would be my destination. 

It wasn't hard getting to the island at all. I just took a taxi to Puerto Juarez and jumped on a ferry. The ferries leave every 30 minutes and only cost 14 pesos each way.



Once I arrived on the island, I was bombarded with people selling snorkeling excursions. I had no plans so thought why not. For only $20 I bought a 3 hour trip including gear. 



Snorkeling was a great choice, I saw a lot of fish and the Underwater Museum.



Once back on land I was famished. I picked a restaurant right on the water, with a view of the sunset, and ordered myself a margarita. When in Mexico, right? 

If you ever find yourself in Cancun with a day or even just an afternoon to spare, venture over to Isla Mujeres.