San Diego is one of my favorite places in the world. One of the many things I love about this place is the food. Here are my culinary must haves for when you're only in San Diego for a short time.

First things first, you must get an Acai bowl. My favorite one is from the Coffee Corner in Santee, about a 30 minute drive from San Diego. If that's too far away, any place in San Diego will do.


One of my favorite breakfast spots is Beaumont's in La Jolla. I always get the Coast Toast. The description on their website is "Brockton Villa's World Famous French Toast, Souffle Style French Toast with Fruit Garnish." Need I say more? 

If you find yourself at Ocean Beach grab lunch at Hodads. It's a tiny little restaurant with a surfer vibe and amazing burgers. 

The next two restaurants can be found all over the West Coast, In N Out & Rubio's. At In N Out I always order a cheeseburger animal style, french fries, and a neapolitan shake. Don't worry if you don't see it listed on the menu, you can still order it. At Rubio's my go to is the fish tacos especial. I always leave satisfied. 


Now for the grand finale, the California burrito. If I could only eat one type of food the rest of my life, this would be it. It's a burrito filled with carne asada, french fries, and then whatever else you want. If you go to San Diego and don't order this I'll question your humanity. 

Now it's time to eat.