I've been fortunate enough in my short life to have flown over 100,000 miles already. With all that time in the air, I've figured out what I need to pack in my carry on. Here are some essentials I cannot live without.

First and for most, I always have something to read. Whether that be a magazine or book. Recently I purchased an Amazon Fire. Honestly, I am so happy I did. It allows me to read multiple books at a time without taking up space in my bag. It's also great because you can download Netflix shows!

I love carrying a journal with me. There's something about the atmospheric pressure that causes me to think and catch feels. Some of my best thoughts happen when my head is in the clouds. (See what I did there?)

As much as I've flown, sometimes I still get flight anxiety. I carry lavender essential oil with me to calm my nerves. I'll dab a bit on my temples and take deep breaths to calm myself. 

I would consider a neck pillow my version of a security blanket. There's something comforting about having something to hold or rest my head on.

My number one rule in life is to never travel ANYWHERE without snacks. Seriously, number one rule. So, of course, I always have either almonds or a granola bar with me. You don't want to see me hangry. Just ask my friends. 

As the plane is descending I like to spritz on Mario Badescu's rose water. It's really refreshing after a long flight. 

These are some basic items that I cannot live without. The more you fly, the more you'll realize what you need to make it the most enjoyable experience.

I'd love to hear what's in your carry on!