Do you ever find yourself looking at pictures of different countries and having an overwhelming feeling of longing. I know that feeling, I look at a map and my entire being yearns to explore. 
Well fellow explorers what if I told you that trip to Peru wasn't just in your dreams. 
I'm a recent college graduate that loves to travel. I've been all over the west coast, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Hungary, Switzerland, France, etc... It hasn't been without sacrifice but I'm going to give you a couple tips that will help feed your wanderlust. 

1. Track flights
I love to use the app Kayak to watch flights. I'm currently watching flights to random cities for anytime. Round trip to Denver for $36? Sure. Also utilize Google Flights! The customization is amazing and you're guaranteed to find a good deal somewhere.



2. Pick cheap cities
Eastern Europe, South America, etc check those places out! I recently visited Budapest where I felt richer than I have in my entire life. The American dollar went a long way there. Oh and the alcohol was cheap.



3. Stay somewhere different
In Switzerland I stayed with a friend for a weekend saving me $1oo+ on lodging. Plan a trip to a place where you know someone you can stay with. It cuts down on so many expenses. When I don't have a friend I check out hostels. One night is usually around $25- you can't beat that. (I promise they're safe, I usually meet life long friends when staying in them.) Airbnb is another great option if you want a cheap place but your own space.



4. Public transportation is your friend
Once you arrive at your destination figure out the bus system. Does the city have a train, metro, etc? USE IT. It saves so much money, you get to people watch, and you might stumble upon a place you never knew existed.



5. Cook
Some cities it's cheaper to just grab food from a small stand. If you find yourself staying in a city that's pricey, cook two meals a day and eat out. You'll be surprised by how much money you save. One of my guilty pleasures is visiting foreign super markets. It's such a thrill.



6. Save, save, save
Ultimately the reason my trips are possible are because I save my money. Traveling is a great motivator for me. My last trip to Europe I saved for a year. I worked two jobs, moved home my senior year of college, and said no to other adventures. It was beyond worth the sacrifice. A little bit each pay check goes a long way.